The Yellow Rose Carriage Company (YRCC) has grown from a
1-horse/1-carriage/2 driver business to a jointly run operation with 18 horses, 16 carriages and up to 15 drivers.
However, the first few months were not only lean, but rough on Anne.
Anne said “The thing I remember most about that first winter in business was how much I hated the cold,” said Anne. She continued on “I had lived in Hawaii for 2 years and in Miami for 5 years, then I was thrust into the “cold Texas winter!"
She also mentioned "I would literally stand at the door of the Menger Hotel after my break and sob because I didn’t want to go back out in the cold. I had no choice though, there were bills to be paid, so I went.” ...but that was 25 years ago.
YRCC isn’t just a quaint tourist attraction!
Sense then YRCC has had the honor of providing carriages and horses for many exciting events and happenings in San Antonio.
- Shamu in the carriage for the grand opening of Sea World San Antonio.
- Selena the movie at the Alamo Dome.
- Gambler V with Kenny Rogers at the Mission San Jose.
- Perry Como's Christmas Specials, as well as many commercials and live broadcasts.
- Miss Texas Pageant; Lila Cockrell Theatre.
- Convention Centers; numerous events.
- Ballrooms; all the finest in the area.
- Movies & the Cities biggest events.
Anne books weddings, debutante parties, parades, hayrides, Anniversaries, dinner rides, funerals…you name it, and they’ve done it.
All rights reserved:
Yellow Rose Carriage Company
Website Design: R&R Designs